Latest version 1.0 does not compile

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I can't compile latest version. I try official stable release and latest hg version. but compilation errors. I can not compile because of the absence of some resource files. For example there is no textures and models of house, tech demo, running dude and attackdude. Please update official tree. or say me where I can find tese models
Apr 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Hi,

Certain assets weren't included in the source release for license reasons, if you delete them from the Content project the engine should compile just fine (although the scenes that use those specific assets won't work, you can grab them in the binary release if you want to play around with them).
Coordinator
May 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Sorry for the delay. I was taking a big and deserved break from the project because of the changes in my life, positive changes by the way, a new work in a another country.

The stable version should compile fine. It was tested in several machines. It just copy these resources, it does not compile them.
Not sure what could be your problem. Unfortunately I cannot upload the resources because their licenses.
Apr 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Congrats on the new work. Though I'm sure you have been there a while now. I also get the same compile errors first set was on the dudeattack.fbx model...which I'm sure I can just grab from an xna resource. The next is building1.fbx. All the Tech Demo textures as well. Cube textures as well...which sucks because some ended with .hdr and I would of love to see how those worked.

I delete these and then I get: Error 261 Could not copy the file "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\xnafinalengine_509c287cd0f0\Examples\ExamplesContent\Models\Warehouse\WarehouseBrokenWindowXbox.xnb" because it was not found. Examples

Is there a way you could just create a separate codeplex under a different license and throw all of these missing assets into a folder. We can handle replacing in project from there. If so I can compile a list of everything missing so hopefully it would be very light work for you.
Apr 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM
I found that if I choose to download from home rather than source it will compile. Note that after that step you will need the editor hint here: https://xnafinalengine.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Editor%20Introduction

However, I could not show the hierarchy view. I only could show inspector and layers...which are there by default. So it was hard to navigate. Any way to show the hierarchy by default?
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2014 at 12:36 AM
I am sorry. I can not. Some assets I can only share them without the original files.

And about the last part, this was my fault. I never use the version system correctly. An when I realize of my bad judgment I was too busy to fix the version system.

Unfortunately, I do not have more time to update it any more :( Funny thing, I have continued working a little with the engine. I have developed prototypes of new tech for The Phantom Pain in my engine. I have created a fast skidmark system (I also added physics to my car in the process) and a fire lights system (similar to Tomb Raider). However, I can not upload this work :(

The editor was never completed. I have created a very good foundation that could allow anyone to finish the editor in a couple of months (At least the basic functionality) but I did have time to do it myself. It was too much work to do for only a person, but I hope you can learn a couple of things of this project. If I could only have time, with my knowledge now I could finish the engine in a year. But I am really happy, I am able to create tech here and it is really nice to see it in the bast world of The Phantom Pain (they are huge!!)

If you have any more doubts just tell me. I am happy to answer them (if my work and family allows me... yes, and of course, if there is not playing a game, that too :p ).

See you.
Jose!