Using this engine with the Kinect SDK and XNA?

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Hello.

I've been searching for an engine that will help me work with the Kinect in XNA.

Since I'm new to this field of programming (graphic oriented stuff), I can't say that I know if this engine can help me. What I primarily need is an easy way to map the Kinect skeleton to the skeleton of the model. I haven't seen any mention of this here so I was wondering if there are any benefits to using this engine while working with the kinect?

What I have seen is that this engine offers high graphics and high performance, which isn't something I really need for my project, but definitely doesn't hurt :)
Could you tell me if this engine offers some support for the kinect and, if not, is there an engine that could help me work on such a project?
Coordinator
May 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Edited May 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Sorry for the delay. I was taking a big and deserved break from the project because of the changes in my life, positive changes by the way, a new work in a another country.

Well, XNA is not related to Kinect SDK because Microsoft does not want that Indies use Kinect for their Xbox games. However, if you only need PC support then Kinect should work well with the engine.

I think you will have to work with the Kinect SDK directly. I am not sure but I believe it is easy to use, most of the work is handled internally and you should not care for a lot of things. In my opinion, do not care to search for an engine that have Kinect support, just look a good engine and attach the Kinect functionality on top.

Sorry again for the delay. Bye. José.