Wow, 0.9 beta is exciting!

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I just tested out the latest version and fired up the editor... could it really be that you're producing an MIT licensed Unity3d? I can't wait to see the progress on this :)
This looks really promising. Perhaps with MonoGame it could even target more platforms too!

The rendering and lighting in this engine seem as good as any engine I've seen... I still have not figured out how to create a terrain though which prevents me from using it :( 

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Thanks.

Yes, it is based partially on Unity. In these last weeks it is being heavily debugged and extended, you should check the source in two or three weeks.

Bye!!!

Ps: No terrain for the moment. Sorry.

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Great news! Really good to see such heavy development, this engine has potential to be really awesome...
Please do add a terrain soon though... even a simple one would be very helpful , then your engine will be really usable :)

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
jischneider wrote:
Thanks. Yes, it is based partially on Unity. In these last weeks it is being heavily debugged and extended, you should check the source in two or three weeks. Bye!!! Ps: No terrain for the moment. Sorry.
hum... sorry by reopen this topic but i want know if the terrain is ready for use, i have saw in internet looking for engines how can help me, i am a newbie in create my own games, is possible create a game without terrain ?

and if possible do you can give-me a tips in game program ?

Thanks for all, and sorry by my bad English
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Hellow shirimochi!

Yes, it is possible to create a game without a terrain system, especially if the game is indoor.

I need more information about what you want to do, what kind of game do you want to implement?

Do not worry for your English, btw, where you from?

Bye! José.
Mar 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Hello José nice to meet you, thanks by your reply, and i'm Brazilian guy xD

in first i just want make my own game, but don't know nothing about make game, i do not how start, so i tried learn more about XNA with this book http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920013709.do, i think it's a good choose, but first i need finish it.

But ... i don't want you think than i do not know program i just do not know make game.

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 04:45:18 -0800
Subject: Re: Wow, 0.9 beta is exciting! [xnafinalengine:358944]

Hellow shirimochi!

Yes, it is possible to create a game without a terrain system, especially if the game is indoor.

I need more information about what you want to do, what kind of game do you want to implement?

Do not worry for your English, btw, where you from?

Bye! José.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (xnafinalengine@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email xnafinalengine@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I have forgot to answer you. Sorry.

Where to start? First, you need to know what you want to do. Do you want to know how to do engines or do you want to know how to the logic of the games?

If you want to do the logic then use some engine with a editor, like Unity 3D. If you want to know about the tech then my engine is a good starting point.
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM
On 07/03/2013 15:07, jischneider wrote:

I have forgot to answer you. Sorry.

Where to start? First, you need to know what you want to do. Do you want to know how to do engines or do you want to know how to the logic of the games?

If you want to do the logic then use some engine with a editor, like Unity 3D. If you want to know about the tech then my engine is a good starting point.
Hum ...

i guess that i'll go study your engine, it's seems good too xD, so to study your engine, what books you think i need read first ?

again, thanks by your reply.
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM
It depends. I really like Jason Gregory book (game engine architecture) but it is not easy for a starter. Try to read it a little and tell me if you feel that it is easy to follow or not.
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:56 AM
On 07/03/2013 22:03, jischneider wrote:

It depends. I really like Jason Gregory book (game engine architecture) but it is not easy for a starter. Try to read it a little and tell me if you feel that it is easy to follow or not.
Don't worry, i'll try xD thanks xD
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
so, tell to what you think about this book http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920013709.do a few day ago, i started read it, and i guess than i need finish first, to don't lose the focus again thanks xD
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I didn't say anything about that book because I do not know it. Currently I read books as GPU Pro, ShaderX, GPU Gems, Game Engine Gems, etc. But they are not for a starter and I recommend to avoid them for the moment.

Years ago I read Benjamin Nitschke book. It was great and fun.
"Shader for game programmers and artist" is a very good book to start in the shaders world. It is a little old but still very valid. It is less fun, but more technical and if you want to know about shaders then start from there.