Self shadowing (PC)

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hi,
playing with last version available for download and I miss self shadowing feature. If I put object any to scene, it throws shadow to floor, but not on himself. In 0.7 it was right.

And second question about shadows - do you have plan to add shadows to point and spot lights?

Thanks..
Tom

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM

ehm... sorry, it's my fault, I used "Constant" material.. in BlinnPhong is self shadowing functional..

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hi Tom!! How are you?

A little comment: Ambient occlusion (selft shadows) alters only the ambient light, local lighting can only be alter with shadows.

“Do you have plan to add shadows to point and spot lights?” I have to add the spot lights first :p

I promised you this feature a long time ago, sorry.

I’m writing my master thesis, so now I have half the time (or less) to spare in the project. For now I’m improving the HDR pipeline and the car paint shader. Then… I really don’t know yet. But, I have to do it!!

Bye José!!

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Hi :) You remember.. :) you have good memory! Thanks for replies.

I need them for night scenes, but at this time I have much work on other things, so "plan to add" satisfied me :)

Bye, Tom

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Hi Tom!

I added the spot lights, fixed some shadow bugs, improved some functionality related. Also, I’m trying to add light masks right now.

May 21, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Hi!

Thanks! I was out, because had problems with my eyes.. so now I'm back and see there is version 0.9, much improvements.. shadows :) Thanks, I'm going to see them all..

Coordinator
May 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Still there are things related to shadows that need to improve. Bye!!