Congrats! + Requestion

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:17 AM

First of all I would like to congratulate the project!
Simple, organized! I have been looking for a framework of light and materials, for more than a month.
Sometimes, I found something nice, but extremely difficult to learn.
Sometimes I found bad, but easy to learn.
Sometimes something nice, easy to learn ... but XNA 3.1 or lower.

And worse, 90% of the time, conceived the ambitious project, which dropped over time because of the frustration of failing to implement what I proposed.

My request is:

Focus on simple things. There are many people on the internet with good ideas, but that when faced with 3D, has a huge learning curve, because it adds to HLSL, Projections, Die, and all those little things necessary for the 3D, which for those who want only to present an object on the screen for their first time, is very complicated.

Returning to my request. Focus on simple things. There is nothing on the internet able to get an object's 3D Max with the basic parameters (Diffuse Map, Opacity Map, Bump Map) apply some lights and create some shadows. This is very difficult to make, I know. I've been trying to direct more than one month, but you guys are "the guys. " Try to make the project you easily accessible and simple to solve simple things that Microsoft has not resolved.

For me, it would be easy to support:

1 - Transparent objects
2 - Add some light
3 - Generate some shadows under those lights
4 - Full support for "Blinn" 3D Max (that is the very basics)
4.1 - Bump Map
4.2 - Opacity Map (alpha and alpha transparency mask)
4.3 - Diffuse Map
4.4 - (Reflection and Refraction Map Map only if it is dynamic, otherwise not worth the effort)
4.5 - 1 Model X (n) Meshes and each with their materials
5 - Some effects of water, which actually manages dynamic reflection and refraction of ALL the objects in the scene.

Everything that I said above, I know it is VERY hard to fazer.porem is easier to do than DEFFERED and HDR rendering. Why would anybody ever solve things simple and always try to do more complicated?

Frameworks, is intended to be used in very generic. Bear this in mind.

Please continue your work, I love using this engine in the game that started the game design right now.

Congratulations!

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 4:07 AM
Edited Jun 14, 2011 at 4:09 AM

Hi Raziel!!!

Thanks!! I really appreciate it.

I’m continually trying to make it simpler and more organized, but I know that I have to work much more in this respect. My main concern right now is to make the project foundations solid and then make it simpler with more tutorials and documentation. You maybe don’t know this but I rewrite my entire illumination system in 6 months.

You have to be patience. But don’t worry; I still have left a complete year of my scholarship and I plan to use it wisely.

The new version is close!!! http://download.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=xnafinalengine&DownloadId=249668

Bye!!! José!!

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM

Realy Nice Job! Im Playing over the particle system. Very Very cool! More simples its imposible.

Keep going!

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Can i Send U a 3dMax Scene Object to Y thing about how this will Work in your Engine?

Its a simples 3 meshes whit all we need in a game. The Units is in Milimeters.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM

I have Softimage, you have to send me the objects in the fbx format.

I don’t understand why you want me to see you scene. Moreover, I don’t understand very well what you wrote :p

Email: jis@cs.uns.edu.ar

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:45 AM

I sent U a E-mail. Sorry for BAD PORTU-ENGLISH

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 4:52 AM

I don't receive any mail. Maybe the size was the problem.

Try to use this address: jischneider@hotmail.com and compress the file if you didn’t do it.

I have to go to bed, tomorrow I will see it. Bye!!