PostSSAOSimple.fx does not compile (solved)

Oct 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Hi, I just downloaded this to have a look at it. Running vs2010 and XNA 4.0

Compiled shader code uses too many instruction slots (620). Max. allowed by the target (ps_3_0) is 512. XNAFinalEngineContent\Shaders\PostSSAOSimple.fx 

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Hi Bicubic!

Sorry for the delay. I wasn’t in town and didn’t have a computer around. It’s strange. This shader compiles perfectly in my system in both cases, in xna 3.1 and 4.0. I will try to investigate what happen.

Question: You have the last DirectX version installed?

For the time being you can delete this shader, the engine will run fine, at least until you use ssao simple, of course.

Oct 23, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Really strange but when I unpacked it and compiled again to check the error message, it compiled fine.

Running it shows a pair of splash screens and then 'The video is over". Not sure if that's what is meant to happen.

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I’m glad to hear that the compile problem is over. With the new xna 4.0 shader compiler some errors raised, errors that don’t exist before, luckily this isn't the case.

You saw the video tutorial scene, one of the two tutorials that I upload with this release. The next week (or the next) will be more tutorials and a little more documentation.

You can see the music tutorial if you change this line in the applicationlogic.cs class:

scene = new SceneTutorialVideo();

with this:

scene = new SceneTutorialMusic();

Bye and thanks for reply. José.